Monday, August 8, 2016

Captain's Blog: 8-7-16

Late wake-up today.  Late start to our day.  Oh well, "No Hurries...  No Worries..."

Over to the fuel dock to fill up from yesterday's run.  Ugh - that was a rough bill to swallow!  My fuel gauges I now know are not quite accurate....  My port gauge read damn near E and my stbd guage was just under 1/4.  I put in 78 gallons into the stbd tank (just under 3/4) and 87 gallons in the port.  So 2 things learned - my port is burning a little more than my stbd.  And my port tank definitely reads low by about 1/4 as I pass the 1/2 tank point, which has always been expected - I now have (near) full tank proof...

So for those in doubt - myself included.....  a 340 Dancer WILL make a more than adequate dive boat!  We got 4 divers' gear (complete with 8 tanks), all our hunting gear, and live-well - quite comfortably.  I don't quite know that we could have fit a 5th diver really......  well, not as leisurely that is.  :)  
Storage for 4 tanks.  and while we were under way to get here - the bed still pulled out and cleared.  We were able to store 4 tanks and 2 complete sets of gear with no loss of space!!!



Took out the rear bench to create a LARGE working deck for gear prep.  Make shift live-well affixed to the swim platform was perfect for storage of our "new friends" - too bad it's empty still!!!

Finally - time to commence dive operations in search for our "friends in low places"..... unfortunately, this season is proving to be QUITE slim.  Even a handful of of commercial fishermen we are talking with are having a tough time of it - and they are getting a nice premium at the dock for their catch.  As I understand it - there has been unseasonably low rainfall this year.  So the waters are warmer than typical, which keeps the little buggers out to sea farther..... or so goes the local talk.....
Pops took the opportunity to not captain his boat and took a 5-min cat nap on our run back home.

So we did manage to find ourselves a whole 2 lobsters.....

Steak and lobster tonight boys!!!

Tomorrow's another day.....  maybe we will have better luck.  in the mean time, bring on the crown!


1 comment:

  1. Got my boys. Got my boat. Got my steak. Got my bug. Got my Crown. It doesn't get much better than this.

    ReplyDelete